[gmx-users] how to remove some molecules

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jul 23 11:41:52 CEST 2013

On 7/23/13 5:40 AM, niaz poorgholami wrote:
> Dear gmx-users
> I would like to calculate the PMF in a system composed of
> nanotube+surfactants. for doing this I use the final configuration of
> previous surfactant adsorption simulation onto carbon nanotube. the problem
> is I want to remove some of  non-adsorbed surfactant molecules. Would you
> please help me how I can do that? any help would be highly appreciated.

Delete them from the .gro file with a text editor, adjust the number of atoms in
the .gro file (second line), adjust the topology accordingly, and probably
re-equilibrate for at least a short period of time.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601