[gmx-users] Umbrella Sampling _ pulled ion

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jul 25 13:55:40 CEST 2013

On 7/25/13 7:52 AM, Shima Arasteh wrote:
> After running for 100 ps, I visualized the pullf_umbrella.xvg, in this plot I found the F value around 100 kJ/mol/ns. But force constant which I had set in md_US.mdp file was 4000 KJ/mol/ns. Does this difference show me that the US has not done properly?

Force and force constant are different.  The values in the pullf.xvg file
indicate the magnitude of force required to maintain the position of the
restrained ion.  The pullx.xvg will probably be more useful in directly
determining how effective the restraining potential was.

-Justin

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy