[gmx-users] filling missing param values

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jul 25 14:47:03 CEST 2013

On 7/25/13 8:41 AM, gromacs query wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> Thanks this paper is quite explained and requires much detailed study
> (sorry am escaping!)
> As I have these two params missing, is there any tool that can help me in
> this regard or may be some approximation method I may use?

It is very hard to assign dihedrals based on approximations, and they are
generally not very transferable.  Bonds and angles are easier, but dihedrals are
quite complex and the types and charges on atoms i and l have a significant
impact on the parameters.  Shortcuts here will probably lead to a bad topology.
  Parameterization is a hard road that takes a lot of time, even for bonded
terms that you think may be simple.

-Justin