[gmx-users] how to set charge 0 in the source code for PME

Shi, Yu (shiy4) shiy4 at mail.uc.edu
Thu Jul 25 18:11:13 CEST 2013

Dear gmx-users,

My system is composed of an ion(CL-) and waters.
In the .top file the charge of CL is -1.
PME-USER is used to deal with electrostatics.

Now I would like set CL charge as 0  in the source code,
in order  to turn off the ELECTROSTATIC  FORCE of Reciprocal part between CL and waters.

Anyone has the idea where to change the code?

Or, I could set CL charge as 0 in .top file, and PME-USER is still used.
Then in the code, how to set CL as -1 in the code for ELECTROSTATIC  FORCE of Real part?

Yu