[gmx-users] RE: Umbrella sampling question

Christopher Neale chris.neale at mail.utoronto.ca
Tue Jul 30 03:42:29 CEST 2013

Why not do two umbrella sampling simulations: one with initial conformations from your faster pulling and one with initial conformations from your slower pulling. Then you can run them both as regular US simulations until (a) neither US PMF is drifting systematically with increasing simulation time and (b) they converge to the same answer. This way, you might also be able to make some comment on the relative importance of doing the initial pulling slowly.

Next time, please wait until your post has appeared on the list (it is currently awaiting approval for inclusion of large images) before sending me a private email asking me to comment on-list (which is, by itself, fine with me).

Also: I can't make heads or tails of your plots. (i) I have no idea which one corresponds to which force constant; (ii) you mentioned 4 force constants but you posted 8 figures; (iii) I can not read any of the axes or labels.

Chris.