[gmx-users] RDF of water

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jul 31 17:16:38 CEST 2013

On 7/31/13 10:49 AM, George Patargias wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying to calculate the RDF of water with water for a 10 ns MD of
> pure SPC water simulation (3x3x3 nm box). I run g_rdf with the default
> -rdf option (atom).
>
> The problem is that the integration of the RDF curve up to the first
> minimum yields a zero value which is obviously not right
>
> Do you have any suggestions about this? Should I run g_rdf in a different
> way?

Impossible to tell without seeing the RDF itself.  If it doesn't look like
Figure 8.3 in the manual, then you've got a problem either with the simulation
itself or the way the RDF was calculated.  If it does, then you've got a problem
with how you're integrating the curve.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy