[gmx-users] GPU version of GROMACS 4.6 in MacOS cluster

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Fri Mar 1 12:44:17 CET 2013

HI,

That looks like the driver does not work or is incompatible with the
runtime. Please get the SDK, compile a simple program, e.g. deviceQuery and
see if that works (I suspect that it won't).

Regarding your machines, just FYI, the Quadro 4000 is a pretty slow card
(somewhat slower than a GTX 460) so you'll hava a quite strong resource
imbalance: a lot of CPU compute power (2x Xeon 5xxx, right?) and little GPU
compute power which will lead to the CPU idling while waiting for the GPU.

Cheers,

--
Szilárd