[gmx-users] Difference in Number of contacts through g_hbond and g_mindist

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Mar 4 15:44:12 CET 2013

On 3/4/13 9:08 AM, bipin singh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a doubt regarding the calculation of number of contacts between two
> groups. Because, I am getting different number of contacts calculated
> through g_hbond -contact option and g_mindist -on option.
> I have used same cutoff for distance (0.6nm) in both the cases.

How different are the results?  The g_hbond code is very complex, but you'd
probably have to go into the inner workings of both programs to understand why.
  I also do not know whether other settings in g_hbond will matter, like -merge,
or whether or not g_hbond will only calculate contacts among H-bond
participating groups.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080