[gmx-users] g_hbond and contact

Kavyashree M hmkvsri at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 05:20:58 CET 2013

I am sorry There is no "7ws" Its a typographic error. What I wanted to ask
was -
I am comparing two simulations S1 and S2 for contacts at a given cut off
I used g_mdmat and g_hbond to calculate it.
g_hbond outputs: of "-num" and "-hbn" was considered.
            1. -hbn output was analysed to calculate how many contacts each
                atom has from both  S1 and S2.
            2. -num output graph was compared from both S1 and S2.
g_mdmat output: of "-no" was considered.
            3. -no output was analysed from both S1 and S2 using the
                third column or the second Y value which gives total
contacts
                of each atom.

It was observed that "1" and "3" matched exactly giving the same number of
contacts each atom has (in the whole simulations). indicating that the
number
of contacts each atom has was more in S2 than S1.

But the graph from "2" indicated that the number of contacts (along the
trajectory)
in S1 was higher than S2.

My doubt is:
The number of contact per atom follows S2 > S1
while number of contacts per time follows S1 > S2.
I am unclear as to what I  have to conclude from this observations.

-----> I used the same cutoff throughout.
-----> There has not been any swapping of the trajectory while analysing.

Thank you
Kavya