[gmx-users] Re: [gmx-developers] Gromacs 4.6.1 ATLAS/CUDA detection problems...

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Thu Mar 7 15:42:02 CET 2013

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Berk Hess <gmx3 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This was only a note, not a fix.
> I was just trying to say that what linear algebra library you use for
> Gromacs is irrelevant in more than 99% of the cases.
> But having said that, the choice of library should not complicate the
> configure stage of Gromacs.

I guess Evren assumed that GROMACS has an explicit dependency on an
external linear algebra library.

To be concrete, you can simply use the GROMACS internal linear algebra code
by setting -DGMX_EXTERNAL_BLAS=OFF -DGMX_EXTERNAL_LAPACK=OFF.

--
Szilárd

PS: This issue sounds like a valid reason to consider switching external
BLAS/LAPACK off by default.