[gmx-users] query for gromacs-4.5.4

Chaitali Chandratre chaitujoshi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 06:17:00 CET 2013

Hello Sir,

Actually I have been given work to setup gromacs-4.5.4 in our cluster which
is being used
by users.I am not gromacs user and not aware of its internal details.
I have got only .tpr file from user and I need to test my installation
using that .tpr file.

It works fine for 2 nodes 8 processes , 1 node 8 processes.
 But when number of processes are equal to 16 it gives segmentation fault
and
 if number of processes are equal to 32 it gives
error message like
" HYD_pmcd_pmiserv_send_signal (./pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_cb.c:221): assert
(!closed) failed
 ui_cmd_cb (./pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_pmci.c:128): unable to send SIGUSR1
downstream
 HYDT_dmxu_poll_wait_for_event (./tools/demux/demux_poll.c:77): callback
returned error status
 HYD_pmci_wait_for_completion (./pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_pmci.c:388): error
waiting for event
[ main (./ui/mpich/mpiexec.c:718): process manager error waiting for
completion"

I am not clear like whether problem is there in my installation or what?

Thanks and Regards,
   Chaitalij