[gmx-users] Salt bridge analysis tool

albielyons albert.lyons at student.curtin.edu.au
Fri Mar 15 03:14:54 CET 2013

Hi,

I am trying to analyse my trajectory for specific salt bridges and the only
program I can find is g_saltbr with the -sep command, which gives back all
atom pairs that come within the set cutoff at any point in simulation time,
whether they are charged and H-bond partners or not and regardless of
whether they are together long enough or just glancing past each other.

This means that I am getting 80 000+ "salt bridges" in my protein, which is
obviously incorrect. I cannot find any other program to analyse salt
bridges, does anyone know if there is a better one? Or if there is a way to
make g_saltbr's results more specific and managable.

Thank you very much for your consideration.
Regards,