Fwd: Fw: Fwd: [gmx-users] position restraints

Shima Arasteh shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 17 11:50:21 CET 2013

Thanks for your replies.
As you suggested, I did as follows:
1. made index groups of two chains of my protein
2.Then applied genrestr in this command to generate 2 itp files: chainA_posre.itp and chainB_posre.itp
#genrestr -f system_solv_ions.gro -o chainA_posre.itp -fc 100000 100000 100000 -n index-chain.ndx
#genrestr -f system_solv_ions.gro -o chainB_posre.itp -fc 100000 100000 100000 -n index-chain.ndx

3.Next, I included the itp files as follow in my top file:

; Include chain topologies
#include "topol_Protein_chain_A.itp"
#ifdef DPOSRE
#include "chainA_posre.itp"
#endif
#include "topol_Protein_chain_B.itp"
#ifdef DPOSRE
#include "chainB_posre.itp"
#endif

4. I also added this line to my mdp file:
define         = -DPOSRE

5. In addition I added these at the top of itp files for bothe restrained chains:
#ifdef DPOSRE
#endif

Now when I run the command :
grompp -f minim.mdp -c system_solv_ions.gro -p topol.top -o minim.tpr

I don't get any errors.
But when I run the mdrun I don't see any position restraint terms in my log file.
Would you please let me know your suggestions in this about? Did I do any steps by mistake?

Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,
Shima