[gmx-users] Re: polymer duplicate atoms

Dallas Warren Dallas.Warren at monash.edu
Mon Mar 18 01:34:55 CET 2013

That is something you will have to sort out, since you have all the files (in and out) and know the molecule(s) you are processing.  You have provided insufficient information to help without having to spend a significant amount of time trying to work what it all means.

If pdb2gmx is telling you that there is a strange residue in your .pdb file, then your formatting or numbering that you have put in there is not consistent with what pdb2gmx is expecting to get the "correct" output.

Have you attempted to get it work using a polymer of the shortest possible length?  Say two terminals?  Then added one, two etc of the middle residues?  When starting something new and complex, you should start with something simple to ensure things are behaving as you expect them to, and if not it is much easier to work out why.  Then you make things more and more complex, until you are up to where you want to be.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Drug Discovery Biology
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
dallas.warren at monash.edu
+61 3 9903 9304