Fwd: Fw: Fwd: [gmx-users] position restraints

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Mar 18 13:15:09 CET 2013

On 3/18/13 3:42 AM, Shima Arasteh wrote:
> Thanks for all your replies.
> But I' d like to know what the meanings of S and D are? Why sometimes we should write DPOSRE, sometimes POSRE, and sometimes DPOSRES?

I already explained what the "D" prefix means.  If this is unclear to you,
please read about cpp macros.  When processing a topology, grompp works just
like cpp works on C source code.

The choice between POSRE and POSRES is completely irrelevant except for your own
usage and consistency in so doing.  Gromacs defaults to using POSRES to indicate
POSition REStraints.  If you build some custom topology, you can use whatever
you want.  it doesn't matter at all, as long as you are consistent in invoking it.

-Justin

> Sincerely,
> Shima

Research Scientist