Fw: Fwd: [gmx-users] position restraints

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Mar 18 13:16:50 CET 2013

On 3/18/13 6:02 AM, Shima Arasteh wrote:
> With position restraints I got a new RMSD with the Min 0.05 and Max 0.11. I don't know if this range of deviation with position restraints is sensible or not! I can't believe with such a force of 100000 I still see deviations!
>
> I'd prefer to get less deviation. Would it be possible by using a greater fc ? Is it sensible?

Were restraints correctly applied?  Your last messages indicated fatal errors in
trying to apply restraints - have you overcome those problems?  Is there a
position restraint energy term written to the .log and .edr files?  Using such a
huge force constant should not result in such RMSD values unless (1) they are
not being applied or (2) whatever groups you have created for applying
restraints do not cover all atoms that are being analyzed in the RMSD
calculation, i.e. some are unrestrained and moving normally when you think they
are being restrained.

-Justin

> Thanks for your suggestions in advance.
>

> Sincerely,