[gmx-users] Re: polymer duplicate atoms

Dallas Warren Dallas.Warren at monash.edu
Wed Mar 20 04:33:02 CET 2013

FYI, I only showed you the bond part of the residue in the previous email (since that was the section I was commenting on and showed how it should be there) there should be some atom details prior to that, as required by the rtp format.  You need to use your own judgment and the manual to ensure it is the correct format for the entry etc.

Plus, you have the atom naming all messed up now.  It is not surprising you are getting an error saying that it can't find atom C1, since the Fbg residue does not have any, you have named it C5.

How have to use the same naming convention as you do with the polymer monomer unit, otherwise you wont be able to automatically cap it.

Another option is to have a Fbg and Fen that includes a capped monomer unit, rather than just the methyl group.  That may be a better way to go about it.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Drug Discovery Biology
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
dallas.warren at monash.edu
+61 3 9903 9304