[gmx-users] interaction with metal

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Mar 22 02:01:50 CET 2013

On 3/21/13 8:59 PM, Nur Syafiqah Abdul Ghani wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a question..Regarding to my project,i want to make a simulation
> between metal and my protein in mix solvent condition.
>
> BUt for gromacs,at the genion part can i run it for two times?
> First to make my simulation system is neutral and the second one is to
> use the genion to put the metal and interact it with my protein.Is it
> possible to do that?

genion only inserts ions randomly, so if you need to specify a particular
location for your metal ion, you're better off simply setting its coordinates
with e.g. editconf and placing it in your box, then adding solvent and whatever
other ions you need.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080