[gmx-users] proper and improper dihedrals in topology file from other ff

라지브간디 rajiv at kaist.ac.kr
Fri Mar 22 14:18:23 CET 2013

Dear Justin,

I got understand the gromos ff improper style. however, what i am asking here is how would i use the charmm/amber improper from literuatre where they indicate the improper in this was ( something X-X)

Improper
> CPB-X-X-CR1E 90.0 0.0
> CC - X-X-NB 18.3 0.0

What X shows here and how do i use this in gromos format way?

Every force field has small differences in format. Look at ffbonded.itp for
43A1 and you will see #define statements that correspond to bonds (gb_*), angles
(ga_*), etc. Those macros just mean "substitute this information here." It's
shorthand. So either you can introduce a new definition in ffbonded.itp or just
type the parameters in manually according to the format specified in the manual.

-Justin

Dear gmx users,