[gmx-users] Re: Re: help with chromophore of a GFP

Anna MARABOTTI amarabotti at unisa.it
Fri Mar 22 14:36:04 CET 2013

Dear Mark, Justin and other gmx-users,
 thank you very much for your
help. Thanks to your suggestions, I made some steps forward, but still I
don't see the end of my travel...

 First of all, I would like to say
that my previous problem was solved when I renamed O1 to OA. Justin was
right. When I did it, no other error messages came from pdb2gmx
(including the "long bond" warning).

Now...let's go to the following
problem... :'( After pdb2gmx, editconf, genbox, here I am with grompp...
When I made it, the fatal error was a list of No default Bond types No
default angle types No default Proper Dih. types No default Improper
Dih. types all referred to CFY, obviously. I know what the problem is, I
don't know how to solve it. I did not add bonded types to ffbonded.itp
because I was sure they all were present. Instead, there are some bonds
that are not present. I have the parameters calculated for these bonds
by Antechamber suite, but I don't know how to convert their format to
the format required by ffbonded.itp. For example, this is the entry I
have for a CT-CT bond in the output coming from Antechamber:

CT-CT
303.10 1.535 same as c3-c3

and this is the entry for a CT-CT bond in
ffbonded.itp:

CT CT 1 0.15260 259408.0 ; 7,(1986),230; AA, SUGARS

can imagine that 1.535 and 0.15260 is the bond length (in A in the first
case, in nm in the second case) and they are more or less identical. But
how can I obtain the second value in ffbond.itp (the kb in kJ mol-1
nm-2) from the data I have? I don't recognize at all the value...

know that this is not strictly referred to Gromacs, anyway could you
please tell me at least how can I find information on how to add these
parameters properly?

Anna

Anna Marabotti,
Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Chemistry and Biology
University
of Salerno
Via Ponte don Melillo
84084 Fisciano (SA)
Italy
Phone: +39
089 969583
Fax: +39 089 969603
E-mail: amarabotti at unisa.it
Skype:
annam1972

"When a man with a gun meets a man with a pen, the man with
the gun is a dead man"
(Roberto Benigni, about Roberto Saviano)
 Il