[gmx-users] Proper and improper from other ff?

라지브간디 rajiv at kaist.ac.kr
Fri Mar 22 20:14:52 CET 2013

Dear Justin,

Actually I've manually added the heme -ligand parameters details such as bond, angle and dihedral to my topology created by pdb2gmx via gromos43a1. ( Those manually added parameters details are taken from charmm and amber ff, which are available in some published articles ).
I confused while interpreting the improper values from those published article where they both shown (amber and charmm) improper in X (generic indicator) way, whereas the gromos improper values for atoms are in direct way by not using X generic indicator.

Is that improper details are important for heme-ligand case ? If so, how do I make them favor to gromos by this article values ?

Thanks in advance

I don't understand entirely what you're trying to do. You shouldn't be trying
to implement CHARMM or AMBER parameters in Gromos. X is a generic indicator signifying atoms
Justin.