[gmx-users] define statement in mdp file

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Mar 23 20:19:39 CET 2013

On Saturday, March 23, 2013, Shima Arasteh wrote:

> That's right.
> But I' d like to be sure about this fact that both restraints are applied.
> I see just 1 position restraints energy term in log file. Is just
> visualizing the trr file the only way of becoming sure that the headgroups
> and protein are restrained?

Either that or by measuring coordinates over time with g_traj. Effects of
restraints  should be fairly obvious when visualized.

And one more question is that, to eliminating the position restraints in
> MDRUN, is it supposed to reduce the force on atoms before mdrun gradually?
> Or it is ok to reduce it in MD step?

I am not sure I understand what you are asking.  It is usually sufficient
to simply turn off the restraints, but some people like to do a gradual
release. I usually do not find that necessary.

-Justin

> Thanks for your suggestions.
>

> Sincerely,
> Shima