[gmx-users] errors when using g_membed tool

Kieu Thu Nguyen kieuthu2212 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 02:35:18 CET 2013

Dear All,

I carry out inserting a protein into lipid membrane by using g_membed tool.
But i have errors :

Fatal error:

(i) Something is wrong with your membrane. Max and min z values are
12.150000 and 0.010000.

(ii) Maybe your membrane is not centered in the box, but located at the box
edge in the z-direction, so that one membrane is distributed over two
periodic box images.

(iii) Another possibility is that your water layer is not thick enough.

I checked error (i) by using g_energy to get boxz-size. I do not get min z
value 0.010000.
I sure that my water layer is thick enough.
About error (ii), i put the membrane in the center of the box.

Unfortunately, after my these solutions, the errors still remain. What
should i do now ?

Thankful for any help !
Best regards,

Thu