[gmx-users] calculating LJ

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Mar 27 12:54:42 CET 2013

On 3/27/13 2:15 AM, 라지브간디 wrote:
> Hello gmx,
>

> I have LJ parameter value of C (epsilon = 0.0262 kcal/mol,   sigma = 3.83) O (epsilon = 0.1591. sigma = 3.12) in charmm format and wants to use them in gromos43a1 or charmm27 force field in gromacs.
>

> Could you tell me how do i convert them to gromacs format? Any examples plz.

Equation 5.1 in the manual, or apply g_sigeps.  Note that picking values of
atoms randomly and inserting them into an existing force field is a great way to
completely invalidate the force field.  Atom types are balanced against one
another.  Making ad hoc changes means you're using an unvalidated parameter set,
and any good reviewer is going to have serious issues with whatever data you
produce.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080