[gmx-users] retraining multiple protein ligand interactions using pull-code

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Mar 28 12:15:48 CET 2013

On 3/28/13 4:01 AM, Saravanan wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am new to using gromacs. I am currently studying an enzyme catalysing a
> transfer reaction. there are two substrates and I want to restraint
> specific interactions between different parts of the ligands and the
> protein. As I understand so far from reading various discussions in the
> group, restraining such interactions is possible through pull code, But we
> can assign only one pull group0, I am wondering if there is better way to
> restraint multiple interactions between multiple molecules in a single
> simulation. If not through pull-code, what will be the best way to ensure
> many specific intermolecular restraints?

Use distance restraints.  Unfortunately, this will require a lot of topology
hacking to create unified protein-ligand [moleculetype] directives.  Restraints
(like any bonded interaction) can only be applied within a [moleculetype], not
between them.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080