[gmx-users] renumbering residue numbers for version 4.0.2

Nash, Anthony Anthony.Nash at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Mar 29 18:26:15 CET 2013

Thanks for that, I've renumbered the residues in the .gro file, and even so far as in the respective protein .itp files. However, grompp is still throwing out the same error. Not sure where it is holding onto the number 652 (which is the start amino acid index of my protein) as I have reset the residue numbers to begin from 1.

Residue numbers in the .top are not numbered consecutively from 1 (rather, resnumber = 652 and resnr_diff = -1)

My top file is:

#include "forcefield_popc.itp"
#include "mut_helixA_renumber.itp"
#include "mut_helixB_renumber.itp"

#include "popc.itp"
#ifdef FLEX_SPC
#include "flexspc.itp"
#else
#include "spc.itp"
#endif
#include "ions.itp"

[ system ]
Motif A oncogene in water

[ molecules ]
helixA          1
helixB          1
POPC            395
SOL         23765
CL              10

The grompp command is:
~/gromacs-localpressure/bin/grompp_d -c starting_config.gro -n lateral.ndx -p ../../mut_system_renumber.top -o local_pressure -f local_pressure.mdp

Any thoughts?
Many thanks