[gmx-users] virtusal site setting

Broadbent, Richard richard.broadbent09 at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Mar 30 02:08:54 CET 2013

Dear Rajiv,

The .itp looks fine to me except for the coefficient in the virtual site
which I think should be much closer to 0.5.

If the issue is that you don't have the coordinate on the COM in your .gro
file then you will need to generate it yourself. If you have one CO
molecule which you use to build a box using say genconf I would suggest
just working out the position by hand and modifying the .gro manually. If
that is not the case (ie. you have many CO molecules at all stages of the
process) it's time to get out your favourite programming language and
write a program which reads a .gro and adds the COM to each molecule and
writes it out again.

Richard