[gmx-users] doubt in mdrun

Pablo Englebienne p.englebienne at tudelft.nl
Wed May 1 10:00:47 CEST 2013

Hi Shine,

The amount of data is due to a very long simulation (1 microsecond!)
coupled to a very frequent dumping of snapshots (every 1000 frames).

You should question whether you need such frequent storage of the
trajectory (e.g., for analysis of diffusion) or if less frequent will do
just fine. Also, question whether you need such a long simulation or a
shorter one would be sufficient.

In any case, you could do a shorter run, analyze the trajectory and
continue the simulation as described in
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Extending_Simulations .

Cheers,
Pablo

Dr. Pablo Englebienne
Postdoctoral Researcher

*TU Delft / 3mE / Process & Energy*
/Engineering Thermodynamics (ETh) group/

Building 46
Leeghwaterstraat 44, room 030
2628 CA Delft
The Netherlands

*T* +31 (0)15 27 86662 <tel:+31152786662>
*E* p.englebienne at tudelft.nl <mailto:p.englebienne at tudelft.nl>