[gmx-users] minimization of particular residue/atom

gromacs query gromacsquery at gmail.com
Thu May 2 11:25:39 CEST 2013

Dear Mark,

I found a simple(est) fix to this problem. Say in my case I was getting
error inf on atom 4281 ( Maximum force     =            inf on atom 4281)

What  I did: In gro file for atom number 4281 I edited one of its
coordinate just 0.1nm that is 1 Angs e.g. 6.518 to 6.618 (I did for x, but
can be y or z). So mdrun was complaining one by one and I edited in all
three such x coordinates for three atoms. finally I was able to achieve
convergence.

I believe moving just 0.1 nm minimization will take care of correct
lengths. May be if its not the correct way; please suggest.

regards,