[gmx-users] correct traj for water/ions density

gromacs query gromacsquery at gmail.com
Mon May 6 13:32:44 CEST 2013

Dear Justin,

>> You don't need to change the trajectory in any way to do density
measurements

I read sometime before in some paper: water density falls around polymer
(COM) at a distance nearly 4.5nm when it is in box of 10x10x10 nm. I assume
the polymer must be near the center of box so 5nm on either sides.

Then in my case (polymer at the box edge) how the box size will be
considered. I mean to say if my box is 10x10x10 and I calculate density it
will never fall around 5nm distance from polymer as my polymer is at edge
and will give different pattern.

regards,