[gmx-users] ionic liquids - viscosity via green kubo relation

Krzysztof Murzyn krzymu at gmail.com
Tue May 7 18:09:33 CEST 2013

Hello,

I would try to extend ACF window (10, 50, 200ps) but not too much since you
might end with integrating noise which would lead to overestimation of
viscosity. For water, 4ps seems to be ok but your liquid might have longer
ACF tail so you are actually getting seriously underestimated viscosity.
You should also run calculations for Pxz, Pyz, (Pxx-Pyy)/2 and (Pyy-Pzz)/2
to improve statistics.

Regards,
km.