[gmx-users] A problem with do_dssp command

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed May 8 20:58:00 CEST 2013

On 5/8/13 2:55 PM, zugunder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hi, I have a rather odd problem running do_dssp:
>
> $ do_dssp -h
> bash: do_dssp: command not found
>
> I am running GROMACS 4.5.7 under SL 6.3 and everything else seems to work
> fine.
>
> DSSP is also installed and should be OK:
>
> $ dssp -h
> DSSP 2.0.4 options:
>    -h [ --help ]         Display help message
>    -i [ --input ] arg    Input file
>    -o [ --output ] arg   Output file, use 'stdout' to output to screen
>    -v [ --verbose ]      Verbose output
>    --version             Print version
>    -d [ --debug ] arg    Debug level (for even more verbose output)
>
> I am quite confused - is it possible that GROMACS package from EPEL (that I
> am using) lacks this program?

You can check this yourself by investigating the contents of the bin
subdirectory of wherever Gromacs was installed.  You probably just need to make
use of GMXRC to configure your environment.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Installation_Instructions#4.10._Getting_access_to_GROMACS_after_installation

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080