[gmx-users] trjcat: joining randomized PDB files

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu May 9 20:12:35 CEST 2013

On 5/9/13 9:50 AM, Anirban wrote:

> Thanks a lot Justin, for the reply.
> But with -settime for every file I have to interactively give arbitrary values.
> I have around 500 PDB files for one part of the trajectory and there are total
> 10 parts. So its very difficult to repeat this for around 5000 times. Is there
> any other option. trjcat reads the randomized PDB files serially, so can't it
> just concatenate the files in that order? Or am I missing something?

Interactive prompts like this are easy to use in scripts.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Using_Commands_in_Scripts

I have never tried with trjcat, but it seems to me that you can easily loop
through any arbitrary set of numbers stored in a variable as the time value to
be passed to trjcat.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080