[gmx-users] Re: RDF - water and protein

Thomas Schlesier schlesi at uni-mainz.de
Mon May 13 18:07:08 CEST 2013

Hi,
the manual mentions that with the option '-surf' no normalization is
done. So it's normal the RDF will inrease with larger distances, since
the further you'll go away from the protein, the bigger the spherical
shell is (from which the RDF for distance r is calculated) and the more
water molecules will be in this shell.

Because of this using the '-nopbc' option shouldn't change anything.
One thing which i find rather strange, is that for really high distances
the RDF goes down. Would have thought that with pbc the RDF should
increase all the time.

But i have no idea to perform a sensible normalization afterwards.

Greetings
Thomas