[gmx-users] Large number of solvent molecules

XAvier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Tue May 14 09:53:25 CEST 2013

Well, a linear 80aa peptide will need that much water anyways!

The question is more how relevant and realistic is such a structure and how long the peptide is going to keep it? You could resolvate it after some time, reducing the box, you could also start by a vacuo simulation to help colapse your peptide.

But the chance to actually observe folding of such a peptide from a single MD simulation is about zero. Even using enhance sampling the chance is about zero unless you get some large access to supercomputers. See DE Shaw papers on folding.