[gmx-users] Fwd: Static compilation of gromacs

Андрей Гончар gontchar at gmail.com
Tue May 14 22:11:49 CEST 2013

Hi. I'm trying to static compile gromacs from source, everything goes well,
but when I
move it to another machine and try to launch mdrun I got a message:

mdrun: error while loading shared libraries: libfftw3f.so.3: cannot open

I run ./configure with the following options:

./configure --prefix=$PREF --enable-all-static --with-x=no --enable-mpi
--without-xml --disable-shared --with-fft=fftw3

The goal is to compile gromacs on one computer and to use it on another. I
haven't root privileges on another machine so I decided to make a
statically linked instance of gromacs, copy it to another computer and use
it from my home directory.

--
Andrew Gonchar
Андрей Гончар