[gmx-users] Re: REMD analysis

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Sat May 18 22:14:46 CEST 2013

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 5:17 PM, bharat gupta <bharat.85.monu at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> My main objective of carrying out REMD is to study peptide folding and if
> possible to get some insight in protein design and folding. I read some
> articles related to my work and they always show temp (replica_index)
> graphs for 2-3 replicas , saying that the sufficient sampling had been
> achieved. In my case I checked the replica_temp for first three replicas (
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkbu0g0e1r37l57/replica_temp0.png) (
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/sffq8rwghjublu0/replica_temp1.png)
>  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ulccw8xabj66ktm/replica_temp2.png)

You've shown the same graph three times.

> Almost all the three graphs are similar and the last 15ns shows that there
> is no enough exchange (if I have analyzed correctly) ?? In this case the
> acceptance ratio was fine and PE overlap was also good, but problem lies
> with efficient sampling ??

Like I've been saying, acceptance does not assure enhanced sampling.

> What shall I do in such a case ??

Do some of the reading I've been suggesting? One of the papers shows that
it is hard to get good sampling with just Met-enkephalin unless you design
the temperature range for it.

Mark

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 12:27 AM, Mark Abraham <mark.j.abraham at gmail.com