[gmx-users] Re: MSD and frequency of writing trajectories

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed May 22 19:49:56 CEST 2013

Along the lines of take a trajectory, and look through it for a frame where
it crosses the periodic boundary of the original cell. Look for artefacts
in the analysis at that time. Or take that frame and use it as a reference
state for whatever trjconv-based PBC-massaging workflow you previously used
before your analysis.

How best to test depends exactly what you're measuring. There are too many
combinations in most GROMACS tools for one test to prove the whole tool
works correctly (or even agrees with how you think it works), so you need
to think about the context that matters to you. You can probably get
creative with editconf's translation options and come up with some fake
trajectories via trjcat that test some edge cases relevant to what you want
to do.

Mark