[gmx-users] The effect of coulomb-modifier and vdw-modifier in Verlet cutoff scheme

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu May 23 22:11:49 CEST 2013

Those modifiers shift only the potential, as manual 7.3 points out. So the
forces and sampling are unaffected, so it does not surprise me that APL is
unaffected by the use of such a shift. If your group cutoff scheme was
unbuffered (rlist <= max(rcoulcomb,rvdw) and nstlist > 1), then if the
observed difference is significant, then that could be the reason.

Mark