[gmx-users] residue labeling in g_rmsf

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Fri May 24 09:29:55 CEST 2013

Hi Arunima,

In bash you can also combine the residue names and such with the RMSF graph:

paste <(grep "^\(ATOM\|HETATM\)" structure.pdb | cut -b 17-26 | uniq)
<(grep "^[^#@]" rmsf.xvg)

To make it a bit more clear, the redirection <( ... ) treats the output of
the command between parentheses as an input file, so we paste the results
from two commands. The first command extracts the atom residue and chain
info and uniqifies, giving a list of residues. The second command strips
the metadata fram the xvg file.

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk

--