[gmx-users] About Compilation error in gromacs 4.6

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Tue May 28 15:42:03 CEST 2013

10.04 comes with gcc 4.3 and 4.4 which should both work (we even test
them with Jenkins).

Still, you should really get a newer gcc, especially if you have an
8-core AMD CPU (=> either Bulldozer or Piledriver) both of which are
fully supported only by gcc 4.7 and later. Additionally, AFAIK the
2.6.32 kernel is not really optimal for these CPUs.

--
Szilárd