[gmx-users] Free energy calculation: merge the topology of 2 molecules

Dejun Lin dejun.lin at gmail.com
Thu May 30 22:44:45 CEST 2013

Thanks for your reply, Stephan.

Did the molecule you worked with have any atoms that are isolated
(non-bonded) to the others?
Was the equilibration run in your 1st case just a way to recruit those
isolated atoms to the others in the same molecule? I suspect I might need
to add artificial bond to connect the counter-ions to the target molecule.

In the 2nd case you mentioned, I'm not sure why it would work for you but
not me because I essentially have every atoms in their single charge groups.

Thanks,
Dejun