[gmx-users] Vritual Sites and simulation time-step

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Fri May 31 17:19:52 CEST 2013

3) Also I've already performed small simulation with the time step 5 fs
(defining virtual sites by means of pdb2gmx -vsites  and introducing heavy
hydrogens. I've not observed any errors during my simulation. When I've
tried to increase dt up to 7 fs I've obtained warnings according to that I
should increase tau_p (from 2 ps with Parinello coupling). How tau_p is
relevant to the timestep and when I could obtain more information about
such constants ? E.g if i increase tau_p doest it means that I provide
weaker coupling to the system with pressure bath ? (higher constant- higher
relaxation times )

James