[gmx-users] carbon nanotube - ifnite in length ?

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 10 15:47:25 CEST 2013

On 10/10/13 9:44 AM, Steven Neumann wrote:
> Thanks. I will place them then within the distance from the box edge =
> distance between atoms within the tube right? I can create bonds and use
> harmonic spring constant like for backbone protein atoms...but whats the
> point when they do not move anyway? I am using NVT.

If your goal is simply to have some series of atoms in a cylindrical overall
shape that do not move, there is no purpose to using bonds.  NVT will still
suffer from problems with frozen groups; the temperature will not be right
because after a collision with a solvent atom, the tube atom by definition
cannot move.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy