[gmx-users] energy drift - comparison of double and single precision

Michael Shirts mrshirts at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 20:45:30 CEST 2013

Hi, Guillaume-

No one can tell you if you did anything wrong if you didn't tell us
what you did!  There are literally thousands of combinations of
options in running an NVE simulation, a substantial fraction of which
are guaranteed not to conserve energy.

If you post the files (inputs and relevant output files) to
redmine.gromacs.org, then people would be able to see if it was an
error in how you ran the simulation, or an actual bug.