[gmx-users] Re: [gmx-developers] v4.6.3: cmake-stage error at CMakeLists.txt:102

Nikolay Alemasov such3r at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 04:42:52 CEST 2013

Hello, Mark!

16.10.2013 18:17, Mark Abraham wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Nikolay Alemasov <such3r at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you, Mark!
>>
>>      It was already tried. I mean a fresh unpacking and further cmake run.
>> As for your first thought concerning a loss of access to some parts of
>> gmxlib:
>>
>>> [alemasov at nks-g6 gromacs-4.6.3]$ ls -l ./src/gmxlib/ | grep -e "-" | cut
>>> -d' ' -f 1 | sort -n | uniq
>>> drwxr-x---
>>> -rw-r-----
>>>
>>      So there are only two permissions patterns which allow me to
>> read/write items in the directory. I am little bit confused. Are there any
>> limitations about OS or cmake versions? The latter is "cmake version
>> 2.8.12".
>>
> Also relevant are the owners, if you have unpacked as root and built as
> normal user, or vice-versa, etc. You should be doing nothing with root
> until you need to install, of course, and since you are installing to user
> space, you definitely should not be root.
     Checked it as well. Everything is done as a normal user as I am
working on a computing cluster.
> CMake has not yet updated their compatibility matrix for 2.8.12 (
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Version_Compatibility_Matrix/Commands) and
> as you can see there, things that used to work occasionally stop working.
> If you can try a different version of CMake we can rule out bugs in CMake
> 2.8.12.
     Configured the same way with cmake version 2.8.5. Fresh unpacked
source used of course. The output is a bit different (note compiler
identification mistake - should be Intel's - and fftw messages about SIMD):
> -- The C compiler identification is unknown
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
> CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:962 (message):
>   The fftw library found is compiled without SIMD support, which makes it
>   slow.  Consider recompiling it or contact your admin
>

> -- Using external FFT library - FFTW3
> -- Using internal BLAS library
> -- LAPACK requires BLAS
> -- Using internal LAPACK library
> -- Checking for dlopen
> -- Performing Test HAVE_DLOPEN
> -- Performing Test HAVE_DLOPEN - Success
> -- Checking for dlopen - found
> -- Found the ability to use plug-ins when building shared libaries, so
> will compile to use plug-ins (e.g. to read VMD-supported file formats).
> -- Checking for suitable VMD version
> -- VMD plugins not found. Path to VMD can be set with VMDDIR.
> CMake Error at src/gmxlib/CMakeLists.txt:102 (list):
>   list sub-command REMOVE_ITEM requires two or more arguments.
>

> CMake Error at src/gmxlib/CMakeLists.txt:105 (list):
>   list sub-command REMOVE_ITEM requires two or more arguments.
>

> You have called ADD_LIBRARY for library md without any source files.
> This typically indicates a problem with your CMakeLists.txt file
     So it seems that I have some problems with my file system or
another system-kind failure. At least as that issue appears only for me.

P.S.

     Dear GROMACS users, please, can anybody share one's already
compiled binary 4.6 version of x86_64, RedHat compatible built with CUDA?

Nikolay.