[gmx-users] RE: Gibbs Energy Calculation and charges

Dallas Warren Dallas.Warren at monash.edu
Thu Oct 17 04:58:15 CEST 2013

Chris,

You are correct in the first part of your statement, part that isn't correct is I expect for the same charge on the atom I expect it to give the same dH/dl value.

For example, for the OE atom that I provided the graphs for ( http://ozreef.org/stuff/octanol.gif and http://ozreef.org/stuff/water.gif )

Lambda       Normal
0.0000	-0.5310
             Double
0.0000	-1.0620
0.5000      -0.5310

Therefore, the normal charge molecule when lambda = 0 should be identical to that double charge one when lambda = 0.5.  They should be the same in all manners, LJ, bonds, charges etc.

So would I not expect to get the same dH/dl value out?

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
dallas.warren at monash.edu
+61 3 9903 9304