[gmx-users] Centering the system

Shima Arasteh shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 17 20:09:06 CEST 2013

I used -fit or boxcenter or trans or .. any other thing which I though to solve my problem, but did not work. Would you give me a hint pleaaasssee?

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
Shima

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 4:05 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

On 10/16/13 8:29 AM, Shima Arasteh wrote:

> Dear gmx users,
>
> I have a system consist of a lipid bilayer and a peptide. As the initial configuration, the peptide is located in center of the x-y plane above lipid bilayer. After running MD, the peptide shows interactions with the polar groups. It's ok, but the peptide is near one edge of the x-y plane of the bilayer. I' d like to know if there is any way to use the properties of the pbc and see the peptide in center of the x-y  plane while interacting with the polar groups?

trjconv has a number of ways to deal with this.  Please read trjconv -h.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601