[gmx-users] Bilayer thickness error

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Oct 18 13:38:37 CEST 2013

On 10/18/13 2:54 AM, Archana Sonawani-Jagtap wrote:
> Hi,
> This is my input file for calculating bilayer thickness in absence of peptide:
> ###### Input file and input file parameters
> coord_file              md.gro
> file_type                 gro
> num_frames               1
> num_lipid_types        1
> resname1                POPC
> atomname1               P8
> solvent                   SOL
> ions                        CL-
> ###### Define the size and shape of the grid
> box_size                solvent
> grid                        20
> conserve_ratio        yes
> ###### Define whether there is a protein embedded in the bilayer
> protein                   no
> precision               1.3
> P_value                 5.0
> ###### Define the desired output files and format
> output_prefix           output
> output_format          column
> thickness                   yes
> area                           no
>
> I got 400 lines in one column in output file for average thickness
> (calculated without peptide)
>
> When running in Gnuplot I get following error:
> splot 'output.frame1.20x20.average_thickness.dat' matrix using (1+$1):(1+$2):3
> Warning: empty x range [1:1], adjusting to [0.99:1.01]

Please refer to Appendix A, section 2 of our GridMAT-MD manual, which explains
the preprocessing necessary to open the file in Gnuplot, otherwise refer to the
manual section describing the output_format keyword.

You can send GridMAT-MD questions directly to me; there is no need to fill
peoples' inboxes with non-Gromacs questions.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601