[gmx-users] Entering ions

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Oct 21 12:07:22 CEST 2013

On 10/21/13 4:45 AM, Mohsen Ramezanpour wrote:
> Dear users
>
> I want to use some ions in my simulation (Phosphorus, Sulfur and ...).
>
> How can I know in which FF these are present?

Phosphorus and sulfur aren't ions.  There are P and S atomtypes in most force
fields that are suitable for several types of functional groups, but I suspect
your description simply isn't accurate enough to begin to guess.

> And what can I do if no FF include the interested Ions?

The answer to this question is always the same - derive them in a manner
consistent with a force field you have reason to believe will be adequate for
simulating the species of interest.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy